Jobs in Saudi Aramco 2017, Apply Now
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join the Public Reporting & Compliance Division (PR&C) of the Planning & Performance Management Department (P&PMD).
PR&C is responsible for ensuring Saudi Aramco is in compliance, with the external reporting obligations of regulatory agencies that oversee the various stock exchanges, on which the Company’s shares are listed. PR&C prepares the Annual Report & Accounts, Summary Annual Report, and all other periodic reports (e.g., quarterly and half-yearly) as required under the listing rules of these exchanges. Preparation includes compiling input from organizations across the Company, analyzing the information, and writing the narrative sections of the reports.
The successful candidate will be responsible for specific sections of the Annual Report & Accounts and Interim Reports, including all required disclosures based on the exchanges’ listing rules. This responsibility includes a complete understanding of the disclosure requirements included within the sections of the report as necessary. In addition, the candidate will have the ability to prepare narratives related to information contained within the sections, and respond in a timely manner to queries from PR&C management and other organizations within the Company (e.g., the Law Department and Investor Relations). This position requires understanding of complex Company operations, and the ability to communicate those operations in a clear and concise manner acceptable to public reporting.
1. Technical Writer / Editor
As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor degree in a relevant field, such as international relations, journalism, English, or communications; a master degree is preferred. In addition, you will have the following experience and skills:
- At least five years of experience as a writer, preferably for a company in the oil and gas industry, or with an institutional or commercial publication, corporate publication, or educational publisher. Training and experience in journalism is preferred.
- Experience working on a large volume of documents within short deadlines.
- Familiarity with proofreading and making necessary corrections.
- International professional experience, preferably in the Middle East.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Extensive experience of rewriting, substantive editing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Familiar with working in standard American English and in following a house style and editorial guidelines.
- The ability to write and research technical oil and gas-related information and to communicate the same in layman’s terms.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of printing to follow and check publication production steps.
- Good knowledge of the phraseology used in company newsletters/publications and educational curricula.
- Good IT skills, with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word.
- An understanding of the history and beliefs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, to ensure written content is consistent with the Kingdom’s cultural norms.
Date Posted: Not Mentioned
Last Date: Not Mentioned
How to Apply: To apply online for this job click apply online button below: