Jobs in General Electric (GE) Lahore 2017, Apply Now
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
1. Services Specialist – General Operations Support
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location: Pakistan, Lahore
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college with at least 5 years of experience in Services.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Provide leadership to mechanical maintenance team of a combined cycle power plant 225MW having two 6F gas turbines and one steam turbine, located near Sahiwal. This role is expected to lead the team for developing and implementing the maintenance procedures for the Power plant through a computerized maintenance management system while maintaining the world class EHS and quality culture.
• Develops and co-ordinates plant activities related to mechanical maintenance. • Assigns preventive and corrective maintenance jobs as per the direction of Maintenance Manager. Supervises and co-ordinates activities of mechanical maintenance staff.• Plans and inspect completed work on plant device.• Maintains records, prepare reports and compose correspondence relative to work.• Acquires considerable knowledge of the process and the relevant mechanical, instrument & control and electrical system throughout the plant and apply the same to trouble shoot problems and leads the maintenance team in resolving the issue.• Trains the subordinates on preventive and corrective maintenance.• Communicates effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.• Executes work order through CMMS and co-ordinate with Mechanical Supervisor/Technician for job completion and technical matters.• Co-ordinates with operation department, electrical and I&C department for execution of maintenance activities.• Carries out the route cause analysis for any fault or failure or trip in coordination with the other O&M Supervisors and under instruction from the management.• Helps Maintenance Manager in planning and scheduling outage works with due regard to annual scheduled maintenance plan.• Assess plant needs for spare parts & supplies and generate material requisitions.• Co-ordinates with Stores and Procurement for stock inventory.• Acquires full knowledge of EHS policies & procedures and ensures compliance.• Evaluates, plans and actively participates in plant housekeeping. • Assists and co-ordinates with EHS Manager/Supervisor with all EHS activities including implementation of policies/procedures, inspections and audits.• Understand OH&S risks / hazards and Environmental / legislative aspect / Impacts related to work activities. • He will also perform assigned tasks as given in Quality Manuals and EHS Manuals.• Any other job assigned by the management. • To be responsible for housekeeping of his assigned plant area and participate in Zonal monthly housekeeping inspections.• To carry out and complete all EHS related Tasks and trainings with in the assigned target date, these tasks can be assigned via Compliance Calendar, MAXIMO. Action Tracking system, Concern report, Power Inspection tool, from management/Supervisor etc.• Complete the process of CP Authorization and follow the responsibilities assigned in SWP & authorities defined in Authorization certificate.• Carry out pre-use checks for all tools, equipment’s and PPEs prior every use.• Carry out site EHS inspections in his area to identify situations, conditions, aspects that may pose risk to employee, equipment or/& environment.• Prioritize EHS critical service requests. • Participation in at least 03 EHS activities in a year. These activities could be Hazard Hunt, Risk reduction Project, EHS committee member housekeeping walk down etc.• Conduct EHS Risk assessments of routine and non-routine work activities and implement controls as needed/assigned.• Ensure his visitors / contractors induction process is followed as per site induction procedure.
Date Posted: 21st Dec 2017
Last Date: Not Mentioned
How to Apply: To apply online for this job click apply now button below: